Dispatching in FieldEdge allows you to take a Customer request for service and assign a technician based on availability and skill to meet your clients expectations.
Virtually all interactions in FieldEdge begin with a new or existing Customer.
1. First, determine if the Customer is new or existing. To do this, click on Customers on the left side of your FieldEdge screen.
2. Next, click into the Search by... field, and look for the Customer by typing in their name, address, or phone number.
3. If the Customer's name returns in the search results, simply click the Customer.
Optional: If the Customer does not populate on the list, click Add Customer. Click here to learn how to enter a new Customer into FieldEdge.
4. Click on the Timeline micro dashboard.
5. Here you will view Activity and saved Attachments relevant to this Customer.
Note: The notes stored here can be created by both office and mobile users and are not visible to your Customers.
6. Next, we'll review the Work Order micro dashboard and how to create a Work Order and navigate the Call screen.
Once you have determined the Customer will have service done, you will create a ticket outlining the work to be completed.
1. From the Customer's micro dashboard, select the Work Orders section.
2. Here you can access previously created Work Orders and create new Work Orders, for the Customer.
3. To create a new Work Order, click Add. This will bring you to the Call screen.
4. First, you can see an overview of your Customer's details through the Customer Information section.
Note: Customer Information also includes if a Customer owes you money, if they have an Agreement and if it's expired, and the status of any Equipment.
Optional: If a customer has an Agreement, and you wish to schedule that appointment, you can do this by clicking Select in the Upcoming Maintenance Appointments field.
5. Next, in the Task Details section, click Task and select an entry that matches what should be done for the customer.
6. Then, click into the Lead Source field and select how the Customer heard about you.
7. Now, use the Call Notes field to enter any information provided by the Customer about the Work Order. These notes are not visible to a Customer.
Optional: If required, you can use the Customer PO# field to provide a number.
8. Next we'll learn how to Schedule now or Book for later.
Once you have finished creating the Work Order, you will need to determine when this work will be performed.
1. From the Call screen, click Schedule Now.
2. You will now be on the Dispatch Board with your Work Order showing as Unassigned.
3. First, click on the calendar icon towards the top of the Dispatch Board and select the date of service.
4. Next, click and drag your Work Order onto the time slot of the Technician that will perform the work.
Book for later
Ideal for future planning or creating a reminder to schedule this Customer at a required time.
1. From the Call screen, click Book for later.
2. On the Availability window, use the calendar or arrow buttons to select a date.
3. Once a date is selected, pick one of the green time slots, indicating an available appointment window.
4. When finished, click Book for later.