We all know the benefits of a service agreement. But once you've sold an agreement to a customer, how can we get view and use this information within FieldEdge? Here's how.
Part 1: The Initial Setup
Agreement Items are the first component required to using Agreements in FieldEdge. Here's how we can setup an Agreement Item.
1. First, click on Items and select Add Item.
2. Next, in the Type field, select Non Inventory Part.
3. Then, click into the Item Name/Number field, provide a name for this agreement item.
Optional: You may select a Category. This will classify the agreement item into a particular grouping of other items within the same category.
Note: If selected, Allow Price Edit on Mobile, will allow a mobile user to adjust the price of the agreement item when it's been added to an invoice.
4. Next move to the Sales information section. Click into the Price/Rate field and provide an amount for the agreement.
5. Then, designate an Income Account (Ex: Sales Income - Sales).
6. We'll then need to pick a Sales Tax Code.
7. Under the Discounts section, select Exempt from agreement discount.
8. You may use the Description on Sales Form to provide a quick detail of the agreement for a customer to see.
9. Selecting the Add Image button towards the bottom of the screen will allow you to provide a visual representation of the agreement item.
10. When finished configuring the agreement item, select Create.
Once an Agreement Item has been created, the next step is to configure the discounts and other logistics associated to the Agreement.
1. First, click on Settings and select Agreements from the Customers section.
2. Next, click into the Discount % field to enter savings that a customer may receive from the agreement.
Optional: The Next Counter field allows you to adjust the numerical value assigned to an agreement when it's been created.
3. By default, you'll be able to manually adjust the price of an agreement when the agreement item has been added to an invoice. If you do not wish this to happen, deselect the Allow Agreement Invoice Price Override box.
4. Show Agreement Savings allows you to display the discounts received from having an agreement. Make sure the Discount % field has a value or the customer will see a savings of zero dollars.
5. Allow Agreement Reserve enabled a more accurate understanding of the costs and profit associated with your agreements. Money is allocated to a particular reserve account, and pushed to the appropriate income account over the course of that agreement based on when a visit takes place.
Note: If this has been unchecked, this feature will be hidden. Please reach out to FieldEdge support if you wish to enable this feature or to learn more about it.
6.This feature allows FieldEdge to send out communication reminders to your customers on the weekends. This is useful if a customer has an appointment on a Monday, and you'd like to give them a heads-up the day prior.
7. Lastly, decide if you would like FieldEdge to Automatically Deactivate Agreements or if you'd rather Manually Deactivate Agreements.
8. When finished setting up your Agreements, select Save.
The Agreement Plan is the third component in the agreement equation and controls the selling of the Agreement Item.
1. Click on Settings and select Agreement Plans from the Customers section.
2. On the Agreement Plan list, select Add Plan.
3. First, provide an identification for the plan by filling out the Agreement Plan Name field.
4. Next, select the Agreement Item that you created in part one of "Getting Started with Agreements."
Note: The Price field will inherit the value associated with the Agreement Item you previously selected.
Optional: If you use Job Classes in QuickBooks, you may associate the appropriate selection using the Class field.
5. Next, you may provide a brief explanation of the agreement using the Description field.
6. Selecting Use Standard Pricing Rules will auto-populate the Pricing and Flat Rate Settings sections.
Note: Pricing information will be provided from what you provided in part two of "Getting Started with Agreements." Flat Rate Settings will be provided based on the Flat Rate Settings you configure in FieldEdge.
Optional: If Use Standard Pricing has not been selected, you may manually fill out the Pricing and Flat Rate Settings sections.
7. When finished setting up the Agreement Plan, click Create.