If you have multiple QuickBooks files there may be times you wish to switch between these files. When using FieldEdge, there is a quick and easy process to follow to ensure this happens smoothly.
1. First, bring up the FieldEdge QuickBooks Connector and select the Pause Connection button.
Note: You'll notice the Status switch from Connected to Disconnected, and the Pause Connection Button will have changed to Restart Connection.
2. Next, in QuickBooks, go to File | Open Previous Company | and select the company file you wish to open.
Note: You'll now be able to work within the opened company file, in QuickBooks. This data is not being transmitted or saved in FieldEdge.
3. When you've ready to return to the QuickBooks integrated with your FieldEdge, select File | Open Previous Company | and select the company file you wish to open.
4. Once the correct QuickBooks file is open, bring up the FieldEdge QuickBooks Connector and select Restart Connection.
5. When the Status shows Connected, you've successfully re-connected the proper QuickBooks file to FieldEdge.