Part Requests allow FieldEdge to integrate with QuickBooks Purchase Orders.
A request can be created by a FieldEdge mobile user or a FieldEdge office user.
To learn how to create a Parts Request from the mobile application, click here.
To learn how to create a Parts Request from the office, click here.
1. First, click on the Alert icon at the top of the FieldEdge screen.
2. Next, in the Alerts, scroll to the notification titled: Parts Request Needs Review.
3. To bring up the Work Order, simply click the blue hyperlink that cites the Work Order and number.
Optional: Alternatively, you can find the request through the Parts Requests navigation link on the left side of FieldEdge. The most recent Parts Request will be at the top of the list.
4. Once you're in the Work Order, you can click on the Purchases tab to view the Parts Requests.
Optional: The message, "This work order cannot be edited because it is currently in use" does not impact the Parts Request. An office user can still manage the request while a Work Order is being worked by the field technician.
5. Next click a Parts Request you wish to manage.
6. From the Edit Parts Request screen, use the Select Vendor field to pick the appropriate vendor.
7. Click into the Expected Delivery Date field to designate the estimated date the part should arrive in your warehouse from the supplier.
8. Then, place a check in each box associated to any items that should be on the created Purchase Order.
Optional: If more items need to be added to the Parts Request, click Select an Item. This will allow you to add more items to the request.
9. Next click into the Notes field and provide an explanation of the Parts Request or context for the order.
11. Click Create PO with Selected Parts
Optional: Clicking Save for Later will save the Parts Request and allow for editing and creating the Purchase Order at a later time.