There is an invalid reference to QuickBooks Item "" in the Invoice line. QuickBooks error message: You cannot use the same tax item in both the line items and the txn tax. Error Code 3140
This alert is telling us that a Use Tax is not associated with an Exempt Tax Code. This could happen for a number of reasons, but can be easily verified and corrected with some quick investigation.
In FieldEdge, go to Settings and select Tax Groups. Make sure your Use Tax group is associated with an Exempt Tax Code.
1. In FieldEdge, go to Settings and select Tax Groups.
2. Next, select the Tax Group associated with the work order mentioned in the alert.
3. Choose the Edit button.
4. Select Profit-based / Use Tax.
5. From the Tax Exempt Group, select Exempt.
6. Click Save.
7. Lastly, click Retry from the alert menu.