When FieldEdge Payments is enabled, users can capture payments manually or automatically. The following guide will detail the card swipe method of payment, while in the field.
Take a Credit Card Payment in the Office
While on FieldEdge mobile, navigate to the Complete screen of a Work Order with a due balance.
1. From the Complete screen, choose the blue Payments tab.
2. On the Balance screen, the top field is which Method of payment you will use. Tap into the field and select a desired credit card method of payment.
3. Once a method of payment has been selected, choose the link for Swipe Card.
Note: Save for autopay, if selected, this will store the credit card information as a token, to be used with recurring agreement payments. For security purposes, FieldEdge does not store the actual financial information associated with the credit card.
4. After the Swipe Card button has been selected, and a compatible card reader is connected, you will swipe the card when prompted. Once swiped, a Processing payment message will appear.
Note: If using AVS or Save for autopay, Billing Address information will be automatically provided by what is entered as the Customer's Billing Address information.
5. Once the card has finished processing, you will return to the payments screen.