The following guide provides the steps necessary to create a Non-Inventory Item in FieldEdge.
1. Click the Items button on the left menu.
2. To begin the process of creating our Non-Inventory Item, select the Add Item button.
3. Click into the Type drop-down field and select the Non Inventory Part option.
4. Next, provide a way to identify the part by providing a name in the Item Name/Number field.
Optional: Place a check in the Allow Price Edit on Mobile if a mobile technician may need to adjust the price of this part.
5. If the part should have a Cost, provide it in this field.
6. Next, specify the Expense account that should be used for costing. Generally, Cost of Sales / Cost of Goods is specified, but your selection may differ.
7. After an Expense account has been selected, choose the type of cost to represent this Item by selecting one of the available options from the Cost Type drop-down field.
8. If a default price should be assigned, enter that value into the Price/Rate field. If the price may vary, you may leave this as zero.
9. Choose an Income Account for the part. Commonly Sales Income / Sales accounts are selected.
10. The Sales Tax Code field represents which tax rate should be applied to the part.
Optional: The Description on Sales Forms is the description a Customer will see on their Invoice, describing the part.
Optional: If you wish, you may assign a visual representation of your part by uploading a photo in the Image field.
11. This concludes creating a Non-Inventory Item. Click the Create button to save the part to your FieldEdge database.