Upgrade Items enable your technicians a way to provide the best solution for a customer at the tap of a button, increase their revenue opportunities, and ramp up the overall customer experience.
An Upgrade Item is primarily utilized on Mobile. When a technician adds an Item to their Invoice, they will be presented the option to add any designated Upgrade Items. Think of these selections as "Good, Better, and Best" options. If an upgrade is selected, the upgrade will replace the originally selected Item.
This feature is unlike Recommended Items, which if selected are added to the Invoice in addition to the originally selected Item.
In our example, a technician will be selling an AC Leak Repair. The Upgrade Items will provide additional, meaningful value to the customer while additionally increasing our technicians potential revenue.
Item Selected: AC Leak Repair Level 1: Clean drain pipe and drain pain. Check to ensure drain is functioning properly
- Upgrade Item, Option 1
- AC Leak Repair Level 2: Clean drain pipe and pan. Reseal plenum to prevent warm air from entering. Apply primer and sealant to prevent mold and mildew.
- Upgrade Item, Option 2
- AC Leak Repair Level 3: Clean drain pipes and pain. Install float switch to automatically shut off the unit in case buildups occur again. Reseal plenum to prevent warm air from entering. Apply primer and sealant to prevent mold and mildew.
This process is typically done after Items have been added to FieldEdge. Check out our Item Training videos for a refresher on how to manage Items in FieldEdge.
1. In FieldEdge, select the Items list from the left menu.
2. Search for and select the Item that requires an Upgrade Item(s).
3. In the Edit Item screen, scroll down to the Upgrade items & Recommended items section.
4. Next, in the Upgrade items section, click into the Select an Item field and search and select any applicable upgrade options.
5. When finished, to keep the changes you have made, click the Save button.
At this point, the upgrade options have been applied and a technician will see these when this Item has been added to an Invoice.
To get a better idea of what a Technician sees when they add an item to an Invoice or Quote, check out Part 5: Add Items to Invoice Quote.