The following content will guide you through the process of merging a customer in FieldEdge. This process will require you to perform certain actions with in QuickBooks.
Important: Merging is a permanent, irreversible procedure that cannot be undone.
The process of merging deletes one customer and reassigns all of their data to another customer.
- In order to merge (and delete) a customer, you must delete the customer's statements first.
- Merging more than one customer? Go through the process outlined below for the first customer. Then repeat the steps in the same order. Remember: Merging a customer is a permanent, irreversible procedure that cannot be undone.
Switch to Single-User Mode
- In FieldEdge, pause the FieldEdge Connector.
- Have all users log out of QuickBooks, except for you.
- Log in to QuickBooks, if you are not already logged in.
- In QuickBooks, click on File and select Switch to Single-User mode.
- In FieldEdge, start the FieldEdge Connector.
This following process was originally published by QuickBooks and can be viewed here.
- From the left menu, select Sales, and select Customers.
- Make sure the customers you wish to merge are at the same sub-level.
- Important: You can only merge parents to parents or sub-customers to sub-customers. If you need to edit the Customer Relationship, do the following in FieldEdge... Click on Customers > Search and select the customer from the list > Click Edit Customer in the top right menu > Remove the Is a Sub-Customer of: by selecting the X in the field. Alternatively, select the correct sub-customer.
- Choose the customer whose name you don't wish to use, then select Edit.
- Change the customer's name in Display name as, so that it is the same as the other customer's name.
- Select Save.
- Choose Yes to confirm.
This concludes the merge process in QuickBooks, you may now proceed to the next section which will take place in FieldEdge.
If you have just performed the merge process in QuickBooks, you will now be able to proceed with the FieldEdge component.
- Click Settings from the top menu.
- Select Merge Customer from the Customers section.
- In the Search Customer to Merge field, choose the customer whose name was changed in QuickBooks.
- Next, in the Into Customer section, choose the customer whose name remained in QuickBooks.
- After a Merge Customer and Into Customer have been selected, click the Verify & Merge button.
- Important: The record(s) merged will be deleted permanently and the action cannot be reverted.
At this point you should have combined the customers in QuickBooks and in FieldEdge, concluding the merge process for this customer.
If you wish to merge additional customers, you will start at the In QuickBooks section and work your way back through the In FieldEdge steps, as you accomplished previously.
After you have merged your customer(s), you will need to switch QuickBooks from Single-User Mode to Multi-User mode.