After the refund/voided transaction has been saved in the Clearent Virtual Terminal, you’ll need to follow up with the invoice in FieldEdge and QuickBooks. See the 2 scenarios below to learn how to follow up on these transactions.
Payment has been refunded/voided and the Invoice has NOT been finalized in FieldEdge.
1. First pull up the invoice and Delete the payments associated to the invoice, by clicking the X next to each payment that was refunded/voided.
2. Verify that all refunded/voided payments have been deleted and click Save. From this menu choose Status Unchanged, if you would like to keep this Work Order and Invoice in the system, or you can choose Canceled to remove the Work Order and Invoice from FieldEdge.
- Note: All payments must be deleted from an Invoice to cancel the Work Order/Invoice.
Payment has been refunded/voided and the Invoice HAS been finalized in FieldEdge.
To see an updated invoice balance in FieldEdge you must first create a credit memo in QuickBooks, after the payment has been refunded/voided in Clearent Virtual Terminal.
1. Once the payment has been refunded in the Clearent Virtual Terminal, you’ll need to pull up your QuickBooks and delete the payment along with crediting a credit memo for that invoice. Follow the steps outlined below to learn how to create a credit memo for this transaction, once the payment has been deleted. 1139.50
If using QuickBooks Online, click to learn how to create a credit memo in QuickBooks.
If using QuickBooks Desktop, click to learn how to create a credit memo in QuickBooks.
2. Once the credit memo has been credit, you’ll see that credit reflected in FieldEdge for this Invoice.
- Note: At this point any future payments will need to be made in QuickBooks.
This concludes how to follow up on a refunded or voided payment in FieldEdge.