Table of Contents
Customers Types provide you a way of grouping Customers together. This can be helpful for marketing or reporting to a targeted group of Customers. For example, you may have created a Customer Type representing your 'Residential' Customers or your 'Commercial' Customers. You might then export a list of your 'Residential' Customers and use that information to market a specific promotion to them.
The following steps will help guide you to your Customer Types list, where you may then add, edit, and view your types. Check the Fields section below if you are looking for details related to a feature or option about Customer Types.
1. First, in the top right of FieldEdge, click Settings and then in the Customers section choose Customer Types.
2. Next, from the Customer Types list, decide if you wish to modify an existing type or add a new type.
- To modify an existing Customer Type, search for and select the Customer Type from the list.
- To add a new Customer Type, in the top right of the Customer Type list click the Add Customer Type button.
3. From the Add Customer Type or Edit Customer Type screen, navigate through the different fields, creating or modifying your Customer Type.
4. When you have finished creating or modifying your type, click Save.
This required field is how you will identify the Customer Type.
- Note: This field has a character limit of 60.
This checkbox, if selected, enables the Customer Type for use in FieldEdge. Marking a Customer Type inactive disables Employees from choosing this Customer Type.
Select this button if you wish to return to the previous screen without recording any changes to FieldEdge.
Select this button once you have completed making or modifying a Customer Type and wish to update FieldEdge.