Table of Contents
Agreement Plans are a prerequisite for creating Agreements in FieldEdge. These plans are also a great way to provide your customers various buying options and discounts. Additionally, officer users are able to report on Agreement Plans.
We recommend creating separate Items and Agreement Plans for each of the different pricing levels you offer. For example, if you only have one 'standard' plan for each of your different pricing levels, but you allow Customers to be billed monthly, quarterly, or annually, then you should also create a monthly, quarterly, and annual 'standard' Agreement Plans. This would allow you to report on each of those plans in FieldEdge.
- Note: Before configuring your Agreement Plans, you must first configure your Agreement settings. Also, you must have previously created Items for each of your Agreement Plans and any of their additional pricing levels.
The following steps will help guide you to your Agreement Plans, where you may then add, edit, and view your plans. Check the Fields section below if you are looking for details related to a feature or option about Agreement Plans.
1. First, in the top right of FieldEdge, click Settings and then in the Customers section choose Agreement Plans.
2. Next, from the Agreement Plans list, decide if you wish to modify an existing plan or add a new plan.
- To modify an existing Agreement Plan, search for and select the Agreement Plan from the list.
- To add a new Agreement Plan, in the top right of the Agreement Plans list click the Add Plan button.
3. From the Add Agreement Plan or Edit Agreement Plan screen, navigate through the different fields, creating or modifying your Agreement Plan.
4. When you have finished creating or modifying your plan, click Create (or Save, if you are modifying an existing plan).
Add or Edit Agreement Plan
This first section allows you to set up or modify general information that differentiates this plan. You will be able to provide a Name, set the Agreement Item, pick a Class, provide a Description, and determine the pricing rules.
Agreement Plan Name
This required field is used to identify your Agreement Plan.
- Note: This field has a character limit of 25.
In this required field you will choose the Item that will show up on the renewal Invoice for this Agreement. Additionally, selecting the Agreement Item will populate the value in the Price field.
- Note: If, in your Agreement Setup, you enabled Allow Agreement Invoice Price Override then a web user will be able to adjust this price when creating the Agreement.
This field will display the default price of the Agreement Plan. This is not editable from the Agreement Plan screen and is determined based on the price of the Item you selected in the Agreement Item field.
This field allows you to select the Class, and will show up on the renewal Invoice for this Agreement. Selecting a Class will allow you to departmentalize the income of the renewed Invoice.
- Note: In order for a Class to be visible in FieldEdge it must be configured in QuickBooks. If a Class is not available, but you would like to add one, you may finish creating the Agreement Plan and then return to this screen later after you have configured the Class in QuickBooks.
This field allows you to provide a summary of the Agreement Plan. This would be helpful, for example, if you wanted to provide a list of benefits of the plan. The Description field will be visible to Technicians on mobile and can be used as a value prop to help encourage a Customer to purchase an Agreement.
Use Standard Pricing Rule
This field controls how the Agreement Plan settings for Pricing and Flat Rate Settings will function. For example, if you select the checkbox, FieldEdge will automatically use the Discount % as you configured in the Agreement Setup.
- If selected, the Pricing settings will automatically use the Discount % as you have configured in your Agreement Setup.
- If selected, and you use Flat Rate pricing, then Flat Rate Settings will populate the defaults that you have configured in your Pricing Rules.
- If you do not select this checkbox, then you will be able to manually enter discounts and Flat Rate Settings for the Agreement Plan.
This section is only editable if you have deselected the checkbox Use Standard Pricing Rule. If the checkbox for Use Standard Pricing Rule has been selected, then FieldEdge will automatically enter this data as you have provided in your Agreement Setup.
In this field you will enter a discount that should automatically be applied to Items that have been approved for Agreement Discounts.
- Note: This percentage calculates Agreement Savings based on Items that have been approved for discount. You will be able to mark each Item if it is capable of being discounted, automatically, by an Agreement.
If you have Flat Rate Items created in FieldEdge, you will have the ability to apply a Diagnostic Item to each of these Flat Rate Items.
For example, you may want to charge a Customer a $100 'Diagnostic Fee' for a Flat Rate repair. But, you may only want to charge your Agreement Customers $50 for that same 'Diagnostic Fee.' Therefore you would select the Item associated with that $100 'Diagnostic Fee' in the Diagnostic Item field. This would apply the Discount Applied rate to the Diagnostic Item field.
Flat Rate Settings
This section is only editable if you have deselected the checkbox Use Standard Pricing Rule. If the checkbox for Use Standard Pricing Rule has been selected, then FieldEdge will automatically enter this data as you have provided in your Pricing Rules.
Agreement Labor Rate
This field determines the default Regular Labor Rate that should be charged to a Customer during your non After Hours Schedule.
After Hours Agreement Labor Rate
In this field you will enter the default Labor Rate that should be charged to a Customer during your After Hours Schedule.
- Note: If you do not charge a separate rate for your After Hours Flat Rate Labor Repairs you will just enter the same value you provided in the Agreement Labor Rate field.
After Hours Schedule
Enter the standard time that your After Hours begins and ends. Any Work Order that is scheduled and billed for a Flat Rate repair during this time-frame will automatically be adjusted to use the After Hours Agreement Labor Rate.
- Note: In order to trigger the After Hours Agreement Labor Rate you must schedule the Work Order in the time-frame of the After Hours Schedule. For example, if your After Hours Schedule starts at 6:00 PM and a Work Order is scheduled at 5:45 PM then the After Hours Agreement Labor Rate will not trigger. This is true even if the Work Order carries over into the After Hours Schedule. In the above example, in order to trigger the After Hours Agreement Labor Rate you would need to have the Work Order scheduled for 6:00 PM instead of 5:45 PM.
Click this button if you wish to return to the previous page without saving any changes that may have been made on this screen.
Click this button if you have finished configuring or modifying an Agreement Plan and wish to update FieldEdge.