Table of Contents
Appointment Block Configuration is an essential setting that will allow FieldEdge to calculate your Book for Later timeslots. This allows you to offer appointment arrival windows up to 4 hours for your scheduled work orders.
The following steps will help you find and edit your Appointment Block Configuration. If you are looking for a description of a feature in the Appointment Block Configuration, check the Fields section below.
1. First, in the top right of FieldEdge, click Settings and then in the Work Orders section choose Appointment Block Configuration.
2. Next, choose the Start and End Time for your potentially scheduled work orders.
3. Then, click the dropdown box and choose a Block Length.
4. Now, enter a Percent Allocated amount.
5. When you have finished configuring the Appointment Block Configuration, click Save to update FieldEdge with your changes.
Enter the first available appointment Start Time for your Book for Later work orders. FieldEdge will use this as a starting point for your available appointment windows.
Enter the last available appointment End Time for your Book for Later work orders. FieldEdge will use this as an endpoint for your available appointment windows.
This determines the length, in hours, that your appointment timeslots can be. For example, if you chose 3 as your Block Length and a start time of 7 am, your appointment slots available to offer your customers would be 7-10, 10-1, 1-4, etc.
- Note: This setting only effects scheduling a work order appointment with Book for Later.
Input a percentage of how much of a block can be scheduled, using Book for Later. FieldEdge will look at your scheduled work orders, your available technicians, and determine if there is enough Percentage Allocated to mark a timeslot as available to be scheduled. This can be changed, and we recommend starting with 80% and adjusting if you need to.
Click this button if you would like to go to the previous screen without recording any of the changes you may have made on this screen.
Click this button to update FieldEdge with the changes you have made on this screen.