Table of Contents
When using classes in FieldEdge you can departmentalize your sales and costs. One way FieldEdge can help to automate this function is by assigning a class to a task. This will designate the class on your work orders with the class assigned to that work order's task. This article will show you how to assign your classes to tasks.
- Note: This function will set the default class for the specified task. You will still be able to change the class in FieldEdge or QuickBooks manually.
Use the steps below to assign a class with a specific task.
- Note: You will need to have classes and tasks already created before continuing. Click here to learn more about creating classes.
1. First, click on Settings and under the Work Orders section choose Tasks.
2. Now, click on the desired Task that you want to associate to a Class.
3. In the Class drop-down choose the desired Class.
4. Finally, click Save to update this task.
Your Class is now assigned to this task. When you create a work order with this task FieldEdge will automatically default to using the associated Class. Repeat these steps for any additional tasks that need to be assigned a Class.